- Hornblower - City Experiences
- Jacksonville, FL
Chief Engineer - St. John's River Ferry - $4000 Sign-on Bonus
Company: Hornblower - City Experiences
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $80,000/year; $4000 sign-on bonus; full benefits package available
HMS Ferries is seeking a Chief Engineer for our St. Johns River Ferry operation in Jacksonville, FL. The Chief Engineer safely maintains all vessel systems to specifications determined by equipment manufacturers, United States Coast Guard CFRs, and established company standards. This position involves directing, coordinating, and exercising functional authority for planning, organization control, integration, and completion of engineering projects as assigned by the Port Engineer.
- Ensure the safe and reliable operation of all vessel systems, machinery, and equipment.
- Work closely with the Captain to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Inspect all areas of the vessel and dock for unsafe conditions and implement solutions.
- Conduct crew training drills, safety meetings, and assist in accident investigations.
- Coordinate engineering activities and notify the vessel Master and Port Engineer of any critical systems issues.
- Oversee the installation and repair of systems and equipment onboard by outside contractors.
- Schedule and oversee all bunkering evolutions.
- Ensure all preventative maintenance checks are completed on time.
- Maintain current and proper engineering logbooks and records.
- Know and understand operational and emergency procedures, adhering to health and safety regulations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid USCG license as a DDE 4000 HP, 500 gross ton or higher
- Valid TWIC Card, Driver's License, USCG Medical Certificate
- Must be at least 18 years old with excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Familiarity with computers and MS Office software
- Capable of completing engineering watch officer qualifications within two weeks
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. With over 25+ brands welcoming millions of guests annually, we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment. Join us in becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader!
The RESPECT Service System embodies our mission, vision, values, and operating principles, fostering a culture of respect and cooperation.