- Cottleville, MO
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Lead DevSecOps Software Engineer to join the team located in Hazelwood, MO. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Global Service (BGS) business organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of DevSecOps developers who design, implement, test, and deploy core DevSecOps technologies and tools. You will collaborate with the entire portfolio of BGS programs to understand needs, challenges, and drive adoption across virtually every current and future training product. In addition, you will help define core cloud service offerings, leveraging existing enterprise solutions, and helping teams adopt cloud technologies.
The DevSecOps Engineer will be an active, hands-on teammate, helping build, maintain, and document common DevSecOps and cloud solutions that are aligned with security requirements.
This position is hybrid. This means that the selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.
- Engage with software, IT, and program teams to design and develop core DevSecOps infrastructure and frameworks
- Consult with Enterprise DSO to demonstrate and implement common, reusable infrastructure
- Assist in integrating on-prem hardware with cloud compute and DevSecOps systems
- Managing core infrastructure for cloud/on-prem/classified networks
- Supporting internal engineering customers in implementing and maintaining their local DSO implementations
- Manage and maintain core infrastructure, including break/fix and routine compliance activities
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 4+ years of experience with software development using Java, C/C++, C# or Python
- 4+ years of experience with software development on Windows or Linux
- Experience with Cloud technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, AZURE, or AWS
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other technical degree
- Strong knowledge of software testing methods and approaches
- Experience working with both software and hardware-in-the-loop test environments
- Strong working knowledge of the CI/CD process including debugging, test, and integration of software tools
- Strong communication skills and a self-starter that can thrive in a distributed remote work environment
- Significant experience architecting solutions for containerizing legacy applications