- Charleston, SC
Licensed Practical Nurse II-Health-7E Med Surg
Location: Charleston, SC
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Under general supervision, the Licensed Practical Nurse II provides individualized, goal-directed patient care to families and patients at the competent level, utilizing the principles and practices of the nursing process. The incumbent delivers safe and effective care and interacts with other members of the health care team to achieve desired results.
- Provides patient/family-centered care, acting as a partner and adviser, assisting and supporting patients and families to optimally manage their health care.
- Applies critical reasoning and astute clinical judgment to expedite appropriate care and treatment, especially given that the patient may be present with complex problems or potentially life-threatening conditions.
- Assists medical staff with patient preparation, examination, and procedures, including interviewing/screening patients to obtain personal data and chief complaints, documentation for records, and vital signs.
- Performs telephone and in-person screenings.
- Participates in recording and reporting responsibilities, documenting findings relevant to patients' healthcare status or plan of care, accurately and consistently in accordance with approved policies/procedures.
- Prioritizes and documents incoming patient phone calls regarding medications, medical conditions, and reviews with providers as needed for orders or changes.
- Cleans and stocks examination rooms and/or other supply areas.
- Documents all patient care delivered in the medical record according to the medical center's policy.
Physical and Mental Requirements
If you like working with energetic, enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.