- VASA Fitness
- Colfax County, NE
Member Experience Lead
Company: VASA Fitness
Salary: $19.20 per hour + Commission and Bonus Opportunities!
POSITION TITLE: Member Experience Lead (MEL)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Member Experience Specialists
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
JOIN OUR TEAM
At VASA Fitness, we want to create an uplifting experience for everyone by offering inclusive, accessible, and on-trend fitness. The foundation of our brand is rooted in a culture centered on unity, passion, love, integrity, fun, and trust. Because our culture is alive--embodied by members and team members alike--VASA is a place where lives are changed because of authentic connections made within our supportive community.
We offer a competitive, all-encompassing benefits package which includes healthcare benefits for employees who work 20+ hours per week. All employees receive two complimentary gym memberships--one for themselves and another to give away--plus 401k options.
- 30+ hours per week employees: Paid Time Off (hourly), Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and Paid Parental Leave (in addition to above)
- 40 hours per week employees: Flexible Vacation Plan (salary) & Paid Holidays (in addition to above)
Come join VASA Fitness and join a passionate, fun, and united team!
We are proud to be a 'Great Place to Work' certified company!
The Member Experience Lead (MEL) is engaging, positive, diligent, organized, and knows how to drive their club towards results. The ideal candidate has a take-charge personality and a reputation for getting things done. The MEL is responsible for supporting the General Manager and continually developing a high-performing team within the club. The MEL leads by example and coaches their Member Experience Specialists (MES) on how to provide a world-class experience for VASA members.
- Ensure all MES create and maintain our 'UPLIFT' culture in the club
- Implements the welcoming, non-intimidating VASA experience through our guest-to-member journey and creates an exceptional brand experience for guests and members
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and training all MES team members
- Lead by example and ensure our UPLIFTing culture and values are the foundation for every communication and interaction
- Promote REVIVE sales, our in-club snack, drink, gear, and apparel shop
- Maintain the club so equipment is functioning, the facilities are clean, and staff are friendly and helpful
- Support the General Manager (GM) by forecasting upcoming staffing needs
- Have frequent conversations with MES team members to understand changing work
- Work with the GM to schedule and conduct interviews and ensure the right candidates are hired for open positions
- Schedule and facilitate training for new MES team members
- Collaborate with the GM to create a welcoming environment for interview candidates and new hires
- Constantly evaluate team member-to-member interactions
- Provide in-the-moment coaching and feedback to recognize success and address opportunities for improvement
- Delegate tasks to maximize efficiencies and create balanced workloads and validate completion
- Teach and coach MES staff on VASA's non-intimidating approach on how to convert a guest to a member
- Support GM in creating sales plans that are achieved by addressing and coaching successful behaviors and tactics
LEADERSHIP AND COACHING
- Communicate, lead by example, and motivate your team to understand and develop passion for the brand, our values, and our approach
- Proactively provide ideas and solutions to help move the business forward
- Ability to prioritize tasks to achieve club goals during scheduled shifts and be able to adjust priorities as the business dictates
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to ensure work is completed and club goals are achieved
- Build trust and strong relationships with all team members
- Provide coaching in the moment that inspires commitment and positive change
- Give input and feedback to GM in succession planning conversations