- Berkeley, MO
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Mid-Level Software Engineer (Direct Attack Weapons) to join the Direct Attack Weapons software group located in St. Charles, MO.This position will focus on supporting the Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) weapons program. This position will develop, integrate, test, and deliver complex software solutions. Joint Direct Attack Munition is a low-cost guidance kit that converts existing free-fall bombs into accurately guided smart weapons. The engineer will work with a multi-discipline engineering team to design, develop, and deploy operational flight software on precision-guided munition weapon systems. The engineer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle to implement real-time embedded software applications for guidance, navigation, and mission management.
Join Us. Build the Future.
Boeing offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous Paid Time Off (PTO), a flexible work environment, paid parental leave, 401k matching, extremely generous tuition assistance for earning advanced degrees, and paid medical leave programs. Occasional travel may be required but would be less than 10%.
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline engineering team to create and implement Operational Flight Program software solutions
- Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle in an Agile development environment
- Develop solutions using Ada, C#, and Python
- Test your software and assist system level testing to verify correct software functionality
- Analyze problem reports and troubleshoot software defects
- Develop leadership skills and experience
- Opportunity to work directly with United States Air Force and Navy customers
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required. To be considered for this position, you will be required to complete a technical assessment as part of the selection process. Failure to complete the assessment will remove you from consideration.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other technical degree
- 3 or more years of experience developing software using Object Oriented principles
- 3 or more years of experience in embedded real-time software development
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience programming in Ada
- Experience with Python, or C#
- Experience with Git or a similar version control system
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience working in a team environment in a professional environment