- South Roxana, IL
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a MQ-25 Vehicle Management System (VMS) Test Software Engineer (Experienced or Senior Level) to join the MQ-25 Mission Systems Software team located in Hazelwood, MO. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization. The selected engineer will work closely with the MQ-25 VMS Test Lead and distributed VMS test team members to resolve technical issues, enable technical execution, and ensure timely delivery of test products.
The MQ-25A Stingray will be the world’s first operational, carrier-based unmanned aircraft and pioneer the integration of manned and unmanned systems within the carrier air wing. The Mission Management System (MMS) team is developing and integrating an MQ-25 avionics software suite that provides communication and control with various sensors, radars, and the refueling store.
We are looking for engineers who want challenging and unique opportunities to develop real-time embedded avionics software for the world’s first operational, carrier-based unmanned aircraft.
Our teams are currently hiring for a broad range of experience levels including: Experienced or Senior Software Engineers.
- Leads activities to develop, document, and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software systems.
- Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures, and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities.
- Leads development, selection, tailoring, and deployment of processes, tools, and metrics.
- Plans, executes, and documents software research and development projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes, and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
- Develops, documents, and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Performs software project management and software supplier management functions.
This position is hybrid. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements: This position requires the ability to obtain a SECRET U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires U.S. Citizenship. Ability to obtain SECRET U.S. Security clearance (Post-Start).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical degree.
- 3+ years’ experience programming in C#.
- 3+ years of experience in software development and configuration management tools.
- 2+ years of knowledge and experience with software development and software testing.
- 1+ years of experience with Continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- 1+ years of experience with the Atlassian tool chain.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years Ada development experience.
- Prior background with MQ-25 vehicle management and/or MQ-25 vehicle architecture.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Experience with BDS common software test and test playbook.
- Experience working with distributed teams of engineers to create successful software products.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required but would be less than 10%.
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace: Boeing is a Drug-Free Workplace where post-offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria are met as outlined in our policies.
Work Shift: This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range for Experienced: $104,550.00 - $141,450.00 Summary pay range for Senior: $122,400.00 - $165,600.00