- Cottleville, MO
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a MQ-25 Vehicle Management System (VMS) Test Software Engineer (Experienced or Senior Level) to join the MQ-25 Mission Systems Software team located in Hazelwood, MO. This position focuses on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space, & Security (BDS) business organization. The selected engineer will work closely with the MQ-25 VMS Test Lead and distributed VMS test team members to resolve technical issues, enable technical execution, and ensure timely delivery of test products.
The MQ-25A Stingray will be the world’s first operational, carrier-based unmanned aircraft, pioneering the integration of manned and unmanned systems within the carrier air wing. The Mission Management System (MMS) team is developing an MQ-25 avionics software suite that provides communication and control with various sensors, radars, and the refueling store.
We are looking for engineers who want challenging and unique opportunities to develop real-time embedded avionics software for the world’s first operational, carrier-based unmanned aircraft. Our teams are currently hiring for a broad range of experience levels including Experienced or Senior Software Engineers.
- Leads activities to develop, document, and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software systems.
- Leads the development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures, and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results.
- Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities.
- Leads the development, selection, tailoring, and deployment of processes, tools, and metrics.
- Plans, executes, and documents software research and development projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes, and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
- Develops, documents, and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code, integrating software components into a fully functional software system.
- Performs software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Works under minimal direction.
This position is hybrid, requiring some onsite work at specified locations.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements: This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance, for which U.S. Citizenship is required. Ability to obtain SECRET U.S. security clearance is necessary.