- Moro, IL
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security (BDS) Air Dominance Division is seeking Structural Design Engineers (P5) for advanced aircraft development programs located in Hazelwood, MO. BDS Proprietary programs, develop complex, highly integrated, advanced systems, enabling future growth for Boeing and our Department of Defense (DoD) Customers. Individuals that aspire to lead technical teams, drive innovation, and take action to solve challenging problems, while shaping the future are ideal candidates for this position. If you thrive in a fast-paced culture, eagerly take action, set high standards for yourself, passionately honor commitments, strive to be the best, and deliver results to achieve the unthinkable- this role is for you!
- Develops, integrates, and documents structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design.
- Develops, maintains, and modifies structural and interior payload system and component designs using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods.
- Performs tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Manages supplier development, test, and production activities to optimize the design.
- Supports investigation of emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs.
- Works under consultative direction.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite and requires U.S. Citizenship for Security Clearance.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- The ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in Engineering
- Experience with 3D solid modeling software applications
- Experience in structural design on military aerospace products
- Experience leading projects or teams
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- An active U.S. Security Clearance in the past 24 months
- Experience with Full Size Determinant Assembly and programming with FiberSim and/or Composite Workbench
14 or more years' related work experience acquired through advanced technical education in engineering.
Summary Pay Range (Senior, Level 5)
$134,300 - $181,700