- Devonshire by Erickson Senior Living
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Security and Emergency Services Officer
Location: Devonshire by Erickson Senior Living, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Devonshire by Erickson Senior Living is seeking a Security and Emergency Services (SES) Utility Officer I to carry out the SES Program. This position includes performing regular patrols of the property, providing relief staffing for the gatehouse, and responding to non-emergency calls for service. Additionally, this position may function in a support role during emergency responses under the direct supervision of an EMR Officer/Supervisor. The available shifts are full-time: 3p-11p, 11p-7a, and 7a-7p (12-hour shift).
- Routine interior and exterior patrols of the buildings and grounds.
- Conducting safety checks and inspections in support of Life Safety and OSHA compliance.
- Receiving and responding to non-emergency service calls from dispatch and security by radio or telephone.
- Responding and assisting in Community Emergencies, including fires, floods, severe weather, hazardous materials incidents, bomb threats, and evacuations.
- Assisting with searches of missing residents.
- Maintaining a visible and professional presence at the gatehouse and creating the best initial impression of the community.
- Providing proper parking passes, maps, and instructions for visitors to park in appropriate spaces.
- Documenting all visitors and vendors/contractors via the standard Gatehouse log in legible handwriting.
What we offer
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience/certifications starting at $16.00/hr.
- Competitive benefits packages, including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law.
- 401k for all employees 18 and over with a company contribution of up to 3% once eligible.
- A 'career for life' approach to professional and personal development for our employees.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
- Demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents, family members, staff, vendors, and each other.
- Ability to document daily activities in a clear and concise manner.
- Safely operate Security vehicles and work with computer systems.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- All required licenses and certifications must be maintained as a condition of employment.
Erickson Senior Living and its managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers, committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment based on federal, state, or local law.