- American Family Insurance
- Boston, MA
You will provide expert licensing guidance to business areas on state insurance department company licensing requirements. You will conduct licensing analysis and identify underwriting companies to be utilized in connection with new licensing initiatives. Managing and filing company license applications for all licensed insurance companies within the AmFam Group are crucial to ensure the achievement of company licensing initiatives and goals for various corporate transactions, such as company expansion, mergers, acquisitions, and more. Reporting to the Manager, Company Licensing is part of this role.
- Coordinates, prepares, and files state insurance department company license applications for corporate transactions.
- Monitors corporate governance activities that trigger company license application filings and Department of Insurance (DOI) notifications.
- Provides expert licensing guidance to Enterprise business areas.
- Conducts analysis to identify underwriting companies for new licensing initiatives.
- Builds business relationships with various entities in the insurance industry, including state insurance departments and regulatory authorities.
- Conducts regulatory research and analyzes law sources.
- Administers company service of process and designation of registered agents for surplus lines authority companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support, or service.
- Solid knowledge of insurance industry licensing regulatory requirements.
- Experience managing and leading multiple large, complex projects simultaneously.
- Work experience with executive-level leadership.
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- Work primarily involves sitting/standing.