- Hazelwood, MO
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space and Security (BDS) is seeking motivated and dedicated Mid-Level, Senior, or Lead Software System Safety Engineers (Levels 3, 4, or 5) to join our Phantom Works team in Berkeley, Missouri.
The Phantom Works division applies sophisticated technologies to rapidly develop pre-production prototypes. We are looking for dedicated system engineers to join our team in developing the next generation of future franchise programs.
The selected candidate will provide technical guidance and perform critical system safety engineering work. The work will consist of planning, coordinating, and performing detailed System Safety tasks such as system and subsystem hazard analysis, fault tree analysis, and software safety analysis to mitigate potential product safety hazards.
In addition to working with System Safety personnel, the individual will work extensively with design, development, and test personnel to impart safety requirements early in the design process. These tasks are accomplished within a collaborative environment with other program teams to assist with and/or plan design, develop, and verify lifecycle balanced system solutions including the resolution of multi-functional technical issues.
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions
- Evaluate customer and operational needs to define and coordinate system performance, requirements, integrate technical parameters, and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces
- Perform various analyses to optimize the total system of systems and/or system architecture
- Develop the planning, organization, implementation, and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management, and technology readiness assessment processes
- Resolve multi-functional technical issues
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years of job experience as a software engineer
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- 5+ years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with software requirements, software design, documentation, and configuration control
- Experience with software code development, and testing
- Experience programming C/C++ software for real-time embedded systems
- Experience in System and Software Safety
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug-Free Workplace where post-offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria are met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage, and retain top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities. The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range for experienced level 3: $97,750 – $132,250
Summary pay range for senior level 4: $119,850 – $162,150
Summary pay range for lead level 5: $147,050 – $198,950
This job posting will expire on 3/1/2024.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer: Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.